Your Ad Could Be Here

On-line Songwriting Competition

Indie International are running a competition - closing date end of June 2008. I suspect they run several back to back but I'm not sure. Your entries are critiqued and there are prizes however, the cost is USD30 per entry. Anyone seen this or anythng else like it and either entered or considered entering? It looks plausible enough but how much of a scam could it be? Edited by lemonstar

I've had a look at the rules and the panel of judges. Everything looks to be pretty cosher as far as I can see!

3. Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). IISC will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.

Which is good! The winners are also placed on a promotional CD

7. Compilation: Entrant agrees that should his/her song(s) be selected as a winner, IISC shall have the right to include the winning song(s) on an Indie International Compilation CD to be used for promotional purposes only. If this compilation is created, the CD will not be for sale and limited copies will be available to winners at no cost for their own purposes.

The entrance fee is to cover the prizes and costs! Pretty standard fare! $30 isn't excessive. And you will get an evaluation of your song for that! Plus they appear to be limiting the entants to 150 per genre.

Yes I read through the rules and it all looked fine "to me" - I thought I'd sound the board out here and see if anyone here wanted to consider entering - I don't know if I'd back anything I've done to the tune of USD30, reasonable as it is but I also wondered if anyone knew of any similar or well known competitions.

I approve of the statement in one of the rules that says "The quality of performance and production will not be considered." - clearly very focused on the songwritng itself (as it should be in this case).

As a rule I don't bet or gamble but I put GBP20 on 8 horses in the Grand National this year and won GBP8:10 (last year - first ever bet I won GBP62 from a GBP2 stake on the National. I took my GBP8:10 and bet GBP4 - an each way bet on a KO or TKO in the Calzaghe fight so apart from the GBP4:10 left(any suggestions), that's me done for the year as far as gambling goes.

Edited by lemonstar

very amusing ;)

My GBP4:10 is in a paddypower account - I thought I might squander it on one last bet.

I did see a hypnotherapist a few of times - fell asleep in one session and could barely be raised from it - not convinced of it's value myself but he did work with John Lennon who apparently suffered terribly with stage fright. He suggested to Lennon that the longer the walk to the stage the more time he would have to step out of his real persona and into his stage persona. That's why Lennon, given the chioce, opted for a dressing room or a trailer that was at least 250 yards from the stage - he wouldn't leave until he heard his name announced and then he'd walk very slowly to the stage telling himself that he was going to meet loads of old mates who were dying to see him - that's what he told me anyway.

Edited by lemonstar