Your Ad Could Be Here

Is The 50/90 Song Challenge For You?

lemonstar

As of now (Fri 27th June) you have over 6 days to make up your mind if you're up to writing 50 songs (yes 50!) - I'll say that in words - fifty, five-zero songs in 90 (yes ninety, 9x10) days - that's more than one every 2 days - then sign up at http://5090.fawm.org and good luck to you.

It's hard to imagine how many people could complete such a task but devotees say, with Zen like wisdom, anything is possible with the right state of mind. It took me about 1.5 seconds to make my mind up but there's no reason NOT to enter if all you can actually manage is 5, after all, it might be 5 more that you'd normally complete - so that's something for all of us to contemplate I think.

Hehe, I just a mail from them too. :)

I signed up for FAWM this february. Finished the music for one song and that was pretty much it. No time. :(

The original month-long session is a good idea, but I think this is a bit much.

Did you try FAWM before? If so, how'd you fare?

Edited by Pretense

Hehe, I just a mail from them too. :)

I signed up for FAWM this february. Finished the music for one song and that was pretty much it. No time. :(

The original month-long session is a good idea, but I think this is a bit much.

Did you try FAWM before? If so, how'd you fare?

I did FAWM last year and it went well - I finished 8 songs in the month and went on to finished 2 more just after it had finished. This year, due to work pressures, I only managed to post 1, but have 7-8 that are certainly more than sketches, they're well started but not finished - one of those was a co-write with the awesome Becca. I feel I have to make a certain kind of ageement with myself if I'm really going to have a go at doing the 50/90 even it is with the aim of doing nothing like 50. I got a lot out of FAWM '07, mainly the belief that it can be done and that I, personally, can actually do it when I put my mind to it. I think FAWM is an excellent way to develop as a songwriter; 50/90 still seems a bit crazy though.

I did FAWM last year and it went well - I finished 8 songs in the month and went on to finished 2 more just after it had finished. This year, due to work pressures, I only managed to post 1, but have 7-8 that are certainly more than sketches, they're well started but not finished - one of those was a co-write with the awesome Becca. I feel I have to make a certain kind of ageement with myself if I'm really going to have a go at doing the 50/90 even it is with the aim of doing nothing like 50. I got a lot out of FAWM '07, mainly the belief that it can be done and that I, personally, can actually do it when I put my mind to it. I think FAWM is an excellent way to develop as a songwriter; 50/90 still seems a bit crazy though.

Wow I'm impressed. How did you define "finished" btw? Just the lyrics? Lyrics/music? Arrangement? One of the many reasons for my failure was my insisting on finishing EVERYTHING before moving onto the next song.

I really liked the music on your page btw, the vocals in particular. Is the track you mentioned there?

Your arguments are quite convincing. I might even try the next FAWM now.