Your Ad Could Be Here

No one uses Cubase anyway...

• 7 months later...

Why is it Steinberg stuff seems to raise heckles so much? I am a Cubase user; just upgraded to SX and am v. impressed. Everything is a little less awkard to use; the graphic interface is more customizable and . . . well read a review see for your self.

But the nagging question: why cubase? Answer: because I've always used Steinberg products and any attempt to do otherwise i.e. Sonar, Logic has instantly turned me into a computer illiterate at the bottom of a very steep learning curve. I've invested a lot of time into understanding Cubase and I enjoy creating music not fiddling with software. I reckon that part of this learning process is about generating a map in your own head how the sequencer operates and process becomes second nature. You want to do something; you know how to do it.

I have lots of quibbles about Steinberg; their software does not have the same reputation as it's competitors concerning reliability. That is software being released early before bugs have been ironrd out etc. My midex 8 is only half operational (is it the 8 or my computer; would a USB 2 interface work). SX seems OK though except for one fairly horrendous bug in the score editing pages where instead of notes I get spectacles and mail boxes. I kid ye not. As soon as reg no comes through I'll be on the phone. But other than that very groovy.

But surely the point is if you are prepared to spend big money on software generally speaking all the high end sequencer packages are all up to the task and more. Maybe it just comes down to what you know.

ps Hans Zimmer uses it; so it must be OK.

;D