Your Ad Could Be Here

My first wife used to wash her hair with it... Grounds for divorce I'd say!...

I gave up drinking beer at gigs when I got pissed one night before a  gig, and every solo I tried to play, I fluffed... I'm glad I was pissed! Otherwise the embarresment would have been unbearable!   :-[

I don't gig too much these days but when I did I had a rule that I wouldn't drink till afterwards. After 1 pint my fingers turn into latex.

However, having been in Praque for a couple of days , I brought back a bottle of Absinth. Only tried one tiny glass so far but it gives you a kind og tingly sparkly feeling. Nice. But apparantly this was the tipple and inspiration of many an artiste!

I'll let you know if it improves the music. hic!

I cant play well pissed, but I know someone who can. Ive known musicians be falling over drunk, who have then got up and played competently.

I think this has a lot to do with consolidation of practice.

With my old band ( Perfect World - lead singer now signed to Chrysalis ) we tried recording one of our rehearsals firstly after a couple of "straight" runthrus, and then 2ndly at the end of a bit of a binge.

Funnily enough, the 2nd one sucked. But it was much more fun at the time.

BS