Your Ad Could Be Here

internet explorer

guys do any of you use microsofts internet explorer??

if you do then you prob like me realise how slow it is and a massive target for spam also

can i recomend a browser called "avant"

www.download.com

its fast it has no ties with mr gates and has a easy to learn filter that stops them "pop ups" no questions asked its just bloody fast

Well... It looks pretty and has a wealth of tools avaliable. I'm not sure what they all do? but for me they are a distraction and a waste of space. I haven't tried to disable any of them. It doesn't appear to be any faster or slower than IE and the first few times I used it, I was reminded on boot up that I had not shut it down correctly. But having used it I now know what the problem was. It also has a popup to remind you to purchase it for $15.

I must say that I dont like the look and feel of it much. It is very XP. I think I shall stick with IE for the time being.

Its looks ok, but then I am not bothered about appearance much. Apparently it has other skins anyway.

I have had a couple of odd things happen (may or may not be to do with Avant). Three odd files appeared on my desktop. I removed them and then had trouble logging on. Now my login details are not prompted when I come here. Finally I keep getting attacks that try to make me go to some premium rate line.

I'll have to go back to Explorer to see if this persists.

The download wouldnt do anything except display a message stating `FATAL ERROR'. So no joy there. I ran an update for Tau (trojan scanner) and checked out the whole of my system. It found nothing. Maybe I just have a spyware problem. I am seriously pissed off. I may buy a old £25 PC and use that instead. Better still I may stop using a PC altogether. Pen & paper was never this much bother.  :'( >:(

rudi

u may have to reformate your hard drive if u need help i can guide u .

.i have a brand new "dell" comp and they recomend reformating every year if ur comp is more than a year old i would recomend it too

if u have a cd writer u can easy save all u want to keep

i had to do this a couple of months ago as i said i bought this 1 brand new and ignored the yearly reformating advice but got into a jam and nothing could stop it playing up since then im running fine

cheers

nigel