Your Ad Could Be Here

How about to  introduce your machine...

Guest olggu

For a start, I tell you about my humble little system, which I use for studies, fun and games:

It runs with good old AMD Thunderbird (2400+@2140MHz) with 333 FSB, and that is installed on Asus A7N8X DeLuxe mobo, with pair of Kingston HyperX DDR's á 256MB, and one 512MB TwinmosDDR. All those are 333MHz, and they runs with tight bios-settings: 6-2-2-2. For CPU cooling there is Gladiatech Silent Breeze II with some silver-paste on top of the core. For graphics there is Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Fireblade with 128MB DDR memory, and for sounds SB Live 5.1 digital. I still have some 56K modem too, which I use as a Fax-machine. For programs there is two 80GB Maxtor hard-disk's, and one 80GB Seagate on mobile tray for trying different operating systems. There is two optical drives too, one is DVD -drive by Aopen, another is CD-RW burner by Plextor, and we just cant live without floppy-drive, so I have that too. For powering this system up, there is 460W BeQuiet ATX Power-source, with light cable modding for better air circulation in the case. All this is packed in Antec P160A PC-case, with window-side panel, and for cooling whole system there is two 120mm fans blowing air trough the case. For sharing internet-connection I have Zyxell Prestige 324 Firewall, and cable modem. In this moment, there is tree operating systems; WinMe, Win2000 and linux Mandrake, and WinMe is mostly in use. I have home network too for my and my children's machine, and they have just about same kind of system, with two 60MB hard-disk and one optic drive, bit slower CPU and 266FSB... All cables are either rounded or with sleeves, to get best bossible air circulation, and of course: there is blue cold- cathode light in case...I use also 19" Hitachi monitor, old Canon FB320 scanner, and good old Epson 860C printer, Wacom graphire drawing board, Logitech wireless mouse and ultra flat keyboard..so that just about covers everything... ;D

After reading the above, I'm not sure mine even classifies as a computer. :-/

Well, my system is really result of years of interest for these machines, a handmade tool for geek going to make living in this business, so it is somewhat ostentacious...but in the other hand, it is quite ordinary computer...If you search with google with words "computer modding" "case modding" etc. you find that there is new kind of art form developing from these machines  ;D

Don't take it so hard! OLGGU's been busy with these things since AMIGA.... or maybe even before that...

I have only been playing around with these things for , I dunno---- 5-6 years maybe?

Well.... I have an Athlon system too.... but nothing quite as sophisticated Olggu has.... I have built it myself from parts and it's maybe number 5 or 6 in a long line of PC's I have assembled for myself. I have assembled many more, for my children and some of my friends.... but my own system is pretty straight forward at the moment, however when I get the MONEY.... there will be some changes.

But NOW I have an Athlon 2400+ cpu with a no-frills cooler,  on a SOLTEK-board, a gigabytes worth of DDR SDRAM, a 40 Gb MAXTOR hard drive (temporarily... I definitely need a larger one...) a DVD combo drive that can allso BURN CD's , the mandatory disk-drive that is only used on emergencies, when I have to go into DOS.... a cheap version of the RADEON 9200-series video adapters.... a TERRATEC TV-card, a TriPath TIO-digital AMLIFIER-CARD that runs my two 200 watt SONY tower loudspeakers  which are driving my neighbours crazy, a CANON LIDE30 scanner, HP printer, and the latest addition in the arsenal, an Audigy 2- soundcard.... plus a 19" LG monitor, an USB2-extension-card, a Logitech optical iFeel mouseman mouse and a black very basic Logitech  internet-keyboard, and a bottle of Finnish BEER (ha-ha!)! I guess that justabout covers everything  so far. I have been looking for a cheap drawing tablet for my drawing-hobby but the ones available over HERE, cost my both arms and both legs, so I'm still looking...

Anyway... I don't know HOW interesting this is.... but that's about it!

C-ya around!  ;D

There is one cheap and quite good drawing tablet for sale in

verkkokauppa/ruoholahti, it is Aiptek Hyper Pen 6000U and it cost 36€...and you are right, This has no interest for anybody, This HAS NO interest with anybody, This DOES NOT interest anybody, This IS OF NO interest to anybody, This does not HOLD ANY INTEREST with  ANYBODY, This isn't INTERESTING TO anybody... ;D ;D

Come ON BRO! Just for EXERCISE, let's just have a SHORT look at BASIC ENGLISH HERE:

YOU COULD SAY, for instance:

"This HAS NO interest with anybody"

"This IS OF NO interest to anybody"

"This DOES NOT interest anybody"

OR maybe:

"This does not HOLD ANY INTEREST with  ANYBODY"

OR:

"This isn't INTERESTING TO anybody..."

And those are only a few OF the  possibilities, to EXPRESS that YOU were about to say that this s*** really DOESN'T INTEREST ANYBODY ... I'm NOT saying it DOESN'T... just pointing OUT there ARE some other CHOICES with WORDS!

Hahaaaahhhh.... TAKE your PICK!  ;)

HH

Your first option should be "This has no interest for anybody" Ditto your penultimate one.

;)

OK back to the thread..... (I know! It's usualy me that takes it elsewhere!!!)

This is my machine. I have upgraded it myself over the past few years but it's in the case I originaly bought it in.

AMD 1ghz Athlon

512 mb ram (not ddr)

8 gig HD

40  gig HD

generic cdr/rw

generic DVD rom

floppy

Yamaha sw1000xg soundcard

Soundblaster Audigy soundcard

Thats it!