Your Ad Could Be Here

free on-line pc check

another freebie..

What do our tests do?

Our tests check out your PC looking for security risks, Windows configuration issues, or performance problems. The test uses a small ActiveX utility that you load before starting the testing; it takes less than a minute to download, and you're on your way to a faster PC.

The full check-up does all this: measures disk fragmentation; checks available system resources; analyzes device drivers; benchmarks the CPU, memory, video, disk, and Internet connection; looks for viruses and spyware in running software; and checks for common security problems. The analysis doesn't change any settings on your PC, and you'll be able to review our advice before making any changes.

Once the tests are complete, you'll get a detailed report with our advice, plus an inventory of the PC's hardware and software setup. You can send a link with your test results to anyone you want, or post the link on our forums if you have questions.

peace nigel

http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp

another freebie..

What do our tests do?

Our tests check out your PC looking for security risks, Windows configuration issues, or performance problems. The test uses a small ActiveX utility that you load before starting the testing; it takes less than a minute to download, and you're on your way to a faster PC.

The full check-up does all this: measures disk fragmentation; checks available system resources; analyzes device drivers; benchmarks the CPU, memory, video, disk, and Internet connection; looks for viruses and spyware in running software; and checks for common security problems. The analysis doesn't change any settings on your PC, and you'll be able to review our advice before making any changes.

Once the tests are complete, you'll get a detailed report with our advice, plus an inventory of the PC's hardware and software setup. You can send a link with your test results to anyone you want, or post the link on our forums if you have questions.

peace nigel

http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp

You should be careful with these things, because there is plenty of hoax out there, and you never know which is a ripoff and which isn't, so you should look and do some research about those programs and sites; I personally doesn't want to give anybody my IP-address so he can come and search my PC via internet "for errors" or anything like that, because it is like giving carte blanche for those blokes to do what ever they want in my machine. Maybe I am paranoid, but I prefer those good old programs like Sandra etc. for diagnostic, because there isn't any known security issues with them. These blokes may be honest with their business, but like I say, there is wide variety of different kind of crooks lurking out here  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Olggu

I couldn't agree more. They can be very passive from your opint of view nigel, by installing or running spyware, or a trojan. On the spyware, it could be something that echoes your key presses to a log and then sends them off to the abuser when you connect to the internet. They can then get all your password details, credit card details, in fact, anythnig you type in.

I hope you have good virus protection!

Cheers

John

Olggu

I couldn't agree more. They can be very passive from your opint of view nigel, by installing or running spyware, or a trojan. On the spyware, it could be something that echoes your key presses to a log and then sends them off to the abuser when you connect to the internet. They can then get all your password details, credit card details, in fact, anythnig you type in.

I hope you have good virus protection!

Cheers

John

:-/ :-/ :-/

• 2 weeks later...
yea al

i have up-2 date anti virus a fire wall 2 spyware tools two explorer change spotting tools also (win patrol,and webroot)

hopefully i'm a safe as a pair of nuns knickers

;) ;)

If you want a perfect set, get Ad-aware, Spybot- Search & Destroy and Spywareblaster...first two are great scanners, and last is kind of wall against spyware... 8)