Your Ad Could Be Here

Introducing...

johannth

• Noob

Hi guys, this is my formal introduction!

My name is Jóhann and I'm a songwriter from Iceland. I've been writing and performing songs for almost 10 years and intend to keep on writing for years to come. I play the guitar and I did study jazz guitar for a couple of years before I realized I really hate jazz and its standards. Most of the time I write songs on the guitar but I often get better and more original ideas by jamming on other instruments. Therefore I try to buy as many instruments as I can, even if I can't play them very well.

First I was a bedroom guitarist, writing solo material that eventually became a self-published record sold to family and friends. Then I mixed things up by starting to write punk music and formed Pönkbandið Fjölnir. We were almost the only punk band in Iceland during a blooming economic period, writing witty and enjoyable songs about rich folk, local police and of course other punk topics, such as alienation. Ironically we went into hibernation and missed the opportunity to criticize and make fun of the the economic collapse and political farce that followed in Iceland. We released one record in 2006 and are currently working on some very different material.

I have also worked as a audio engineer, love writing lyrics but find it the hardest part, have a love/hate relationship with Pro-Tools, have written material for a play and I'm currently writing songs for computer games. That kind of songwriting is extremely enjoyable and I really like the creative atmosphere involved in creating computer games. We made a viral website to promote the game and you can listen to some of my newest material from there.

I really look forward to being a part of a songwriting community, where we help each other doing the thing we love most - creating and playing music. I know I have still a lot to learn, especially when it comes to structure and writing lyrics and I hope you guys can give me some tips. I'll try my best to help you back!

Wow, this was longer than I had intended.