Your Ad Could Be Here

Dat Player Needed

• 1 month later...

Hey

Doesanyone have an audio DAT player near Glasgow? I have some old songs andprojects trapped on DAT and I'd really like to get them put on CD/DVD.Any help in this direction would be really appreciated.

Cheers

John

I have a TASCAM DA-30 MkII John, and I live 30 minutes from Glasgow...

Email me on prometheus888@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Hey Donna

Yep prom's coming over with his DAT player :)

Good! Than we don't have to figure out shipping costs for me to send you one on the "forever extended" loan plan ;)

Greet him for me! And say I've got Bessie up and running again.

Edited by Donna

• 2 weeks later...

shows on the meters fine, but the right channel is almost non existent audibly. I tried two dat tapes same result, tried both analog outs. digital out and headphones.. so looks like the right channel on the deck  is likely to be at fault, somewhere post metering but pre-D/A

so looks like i will be back looking for dat player.. :(, I'm puzzled why even the right hand digital output doesn't even work, that said I have only ever done basic maintenance on DAT players and I don't have a circuit diagram or oscilloscope for diagnostics. I'll speak to prom and see if he has any ideas. I just feel bad Prom's DAT machine isn't working...