Your Ad Could Be Here

New Style Of Singing For Me!

Most of you who have been around a while have listened to my vocal efforts for some time

recently i started taking vocal lessons to learn how to use what i have properly, i must admit i found the diffirent exercises quite difficult at first, to be honest I thought "Whats this all in aid of"

yesterday my vocal coach handed me a set of lyrics with a song on it that to my shame had never laid my ears on

The song in question is called Bring him home from the show Les Misarables, i listened to The Colm Wilkinson version and thought no way!!!!

i practiced all day yesterday and this morning using a backing track recorded my first try all the way through

you can hear it at my my space www.myspace.com/thomascmccallum

now i understand what he was doing why he was asking me to do all the exercises

it is no where perfect and i believe i can do better with practice but it just shows you the value of proper tuition

Edited by musicthom

Sounds like me... the struggle I mean... your singing is way ahead of mine, but your progress gives me hope. Take 2 seems like a much more complete performance, more expressive and consistent tone thru-out. The 1st take is good but a couple of spots reveal that you were still learning the song. Not a knock, but just to underscore the value of practice... That is a great song, BTW, and Wilkinson's performance is sublime...

Sounds like me... the struggle I mean... your singing is way ahead of mine, but your progress gives me hope. Take 2 seems like a much more complete performance, more expressive and consistent tone thru-out. The 1st take is good but a couple of spots reveal that you were still learning the song. Not a knock, but just to underscore the value of practice... That is a great song, BTW, and Wilkinson's performance is sublime...

You are spot on Rex i had only heard the song about 8 hours previous, i only ever take what you say with complete respect,

i intend to learn loads from this

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment