Your Ad Could Be Here

Drum Generators (Sampling)

Top Drum Generator (Sampling)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Example A
    • Example B

• 1 year later...

As there are no examples still, check out this great plug-in: vember audio Shortcircuit.

Value for money, well originally shortcircuit ranged to about $150 however claes of Vember Audio decided to release this free of charge, much to his generosity and a hard decision on his part.

You might want to check reviews - it is very highly rated. To my view, Shortcircuit is a really powerful tool: this sampler has 3 editable step LFOs and 1 group LFO - you may draw any wave shape, those are not limited to sine, triangle etc. It even has modulation matrix - i.e. features you wouldn't normally expect from a freeware drumsynth. Filters and envelopes are there too.

PS: I first learnt about Shortcircuit while checking vember audio's website for a new version of Surge - I'm not very much into software synths, but this one has good interface, quite extensive FM capabilities, and even a visual signal path you can edit. Unlike Shortcircuit, it isn't free, but demo is worth checking anyways.

• 1 year later...

yep shortcircuit is freeware and I now use it rather than Battery 3 - which is bloated and a bit flakey

shortcircuit 2 is the latest version but never really finished - it is well usable though (once you dig out the information needed to set it up - there's no manual) - the big drawback though is that it stores all the sample data in your project - so a full drum kit would add a good few megabytes

shortcircuit 1.1.2 is the one to go for (IMO) - it's really quick and intuitive and stable - no built in reverb but it's got an aux send facility per drum or per group - I find this really easy to use

If you want something that looks more like a drumkit I would say check addictive drums - there may even be a free light version - but the paid version is only about £80 - well worth it - excellent interface - very adaptable and good sounding - with loads of built in patterns too!!

Archived