Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey Guys

Shawn

• Noob

Hi, I'm Shawn, I am from the UK and I'm 13. (14 in 12 days ^_^ and probably one of the youngest members here?)

I play drums as my main instrument and I've been into percussion for around 11 months now. Before this, I had a little experience in guitar, but there was never as much of a 'passion' in that area of music, now I feel that I've found where I truly belong. Music is probably my number one priority at the moment, as I spend atleast 3 hours a day practicing and a lot longer when I don't have school since the dream is obviously to be a professional drummer in a band and I'm committed to fullfilling this. I like to compose bits of music in GuitarPro and well, mostly drum beats since I kinda suck at improvising guitar riffs :whistle: .

My main influence and favourite band is Avenged Sevenfold with the Legendary Drummer, Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan (R.I.P)

However as for my music taste, it varies from music such as The Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd, to classic rock such as Boston and Journey, to metal like Metallica and Judas Priest, to a lot heavier music.

I think, as long as it's rock, it's good in my books ;)

My other influences in drumming though include Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, Cozy Powell or ofcourse Mr. Neil Peart!

I prefer technicality to speed...

So yeah, Hi ;')