Your Ad Could Be Here

Writing A Proposal Song

briangun

• Noob

The quick breakdown, I want to write a proposal song to surprise my girlfriend. I'm in the military so i don't get to see her nearly as often as I'd like, and next weekend will be my best opportunity for while. She's strongly hinted that she wants me to propose and we'd like to plan the wedding for this summer if possible.

So far I'm keeping it as simple as possible, just acoustic with me singing. I play a little guitar but i have no idea what chords to use. I may upload some audio later of me singing in hopes you guys can point me in the right direction.

A poem inthink would-be good. I was writing since before I even started guitar or even songwriting. Some people I know choose a melody to sing with before they actually start the lyrics. Another thing that would help is find a love sOng that is most appealing to you and try to style it after that...for my song I've really been trying to style it after John Mayer but I think it's coming out to be my own...haha.