Your Ad Could Be Here

Mbox 3

Hello I want to know if external sound card Mbox 3 is supported by Linux. I haven't found any Avid products listed on alsa driver support site. Anyone here has sucess using it on Linux? Please report. If Mbox 3 isn't supported which one do you recommend for stereo recording (vocals & guitar).

I also want to know if I can record stereo guitar and stereo vocals with Mbox 3 Mini. What about with Mbox 3?

I don't know about the linux support, my guess is that if the drivers aren't listed then no it doesn't support it. as for the stereo guitar, the Mbox mini has two jack inputs so yes you would record two mono's and then merge them into stereo, but as it only has one xlr input the vocals would be a no unless you used dynamic microphones like the sm58 whoch doesn't need phantom power. The Mbox3 does have two xlr so you should be able to record stereo vox using phantom powered microphones

I don't know about the linux support, my guess is that if the drivers aren't listed then no it doesn't support it. as for the stereo guitar, the Mbox mini has two jack inputs so yes you would record two mono's and then merge them into stereo, but as it only has one xlr input the vocals would be a no unless you used dynamic microphones like the sm58 whoch doesn't need phantom power. The Mbox3 does have two xlr so you should be able to record stereo vox using phantom powered microphones

Thank you for the info. Do you recommend any other external sound card apart from Mbox?