Your Ad Could Be Here

Cubase 5/ez Drummer Issues

Been Googling for several days. Spent some time on Steinberg's forum site. Still don't have a definitive answer.

Here's my problem:

ESD plays stand alone just fine IF I select a non-ASIO driver for my card from the Toontracks Solo app.

ESD is silent if I'm trying to play via instrument track on Cubase.

Yes, I downloaded ASIO4ALL. No change.

Sound card is SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer SB073. Yes I know it's a gaming card, but the link says it's ASIO 2.0.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=SB073-FB-R&cpc=RESX

While I prefer to write my own percussion tracks, I'd really like to get EZD working so I can buy the plugin that has brushes.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

Everything is working. Here's what I did....

Replaced the soundcard with ASUS Xonar Essence ST.

EZD still didn't work.

So, one day I'm going through my box o' cables and saw a roll of CAT5 and thought, "Why not go CAT5 instead of the WiFi for Internet?" Hooked it up and immediately realized almost 100% increase in bandwidth.

So then I thought, "What if the WiFi USB device is causing a hardware conflict that Win7 isn't reporting?"

Went back into Cubase and selected ASIO Full Duplex and woohoo, EZD works correctly. Also, I can now record within my DAW instead of going Zoom. Replaced my Zoom with my old 12-Channel mixer and the world is bright and shiny again.

Just thought I'd throw this out here in case someone else has a similar problem with their system.

Cho

• 1 year later...