Your Ad Could Be Here

Al Dimeola Interview On Musical Focus

I found this interview pretty interesting and relevent in todays society as we all try to make music, on which ever level we are currently at. I'm not

sure if this is the right place to post it, but I'm sure the SongStuff Gods will put it where it belongs. The link connects to Premier Guitar Magazine,

for those that are not familiar with it, is imo full of usefull info, without being full a lot trendy fluff. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.premiergu...otal_Focus.aspx

Jim

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My thoughts are,,, Sheilding does wonders.

I used to work two jobs cooking both day and night. Both places had a no phones on the line policy. The day job the line was very well sheilded but not the night. No one on the line could get or make calls do to the interferance. The night job was a constant pain telling cooks over and over again no cells and no calls on the line. Ask, tell it didn't matter. Younger guys were glued to the phones.

We tried firing a few and even when we'd tell the replacements what did happen and what would happen they still would be playing with the phones online. It was always a pain. Missed orders burned food longer then acceptable cook times. Finally we had to start shaking them down for phones before they could start.

I think if I were a producer I'd either install jammers or heavily insulate the walls with aluminium/stainless steel.

A buddy of mine was making money as an extra on Detroit 187. It was good money for...walking around in the background of scenes. He lasted one episode because he didn't turn off his cell when the camera was rolling.