Your Ad Could Be Here

Acoustic guitarists...

john

Hi

I wondered which acoustic guitarists made the biggest impact on your approach to music? It's a broad question I guess, and as ever it may be different people at different times or in different styles.

I remember the first time I heard 'Technopicker', an album by Adrian Legg. It blew me away and really opened my ears to what could be achieved on an acoustic guitar.

So, whatchafink?

Cheers

John

I wondered which acoustic guitarists made the biggest impact on your approach to music?

Bert Jansch & also the Rev. Gary Davis. Without thier influence, I would sound entirely different when I play guitar.

As for this...

I think the most accomplished acoustic player I've ever heard is Ricky Scaggs! (Brother of Boz I believe) I have a live recording of him playing 'Country Boy'  It's enough to blow socks off!  

Are you having a laugh? What does he do that is so wonderful? It cant be the interpretation because he plays it not for note as per the Albert Lee original on the eponimous Heads, Hands & Feet album (why not cite Lee?). Also, its played at the wrong tempo (so you cant hear it properly) and finally, its a live recording (which you profess not to like). So what is Ricky's impact on your approach to music Steve? Has it inspired you to write bluegrass or something? :-*