Your Ad Could Be Here

What guitarists most influenced you?

john

Hi

Guess the one who got me first was Jimmy Page, followed closely by Paul Kossof and Stephen Stills. Hendrix was probably the most influential in the early days of my playing. It was so loose and flowing.

After that I got more into songwriting and the focus of guitar playing changed quite alot. The styles I tend to play now are varied but I can see some element of the early influences on my own established guitar style. Not much, but some. In fact, I tend to mainly play acoustic guitar now so there's not much chance for Crosstown Traffic to creep in!

So, what's your story?

Cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I thought at least a mention of Adrian Legg was due. 'Technopicker' an album for all guitarphiles...

For that matter check out Martin Simpson at www.martinsimpson.com , he's some guitarist, folk, but smooth and fluid...

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

Les Andrew

Who? I hear you say...

My next door neighbour. When I was 15, he let me borrow his classical guitar while he buggered off to college. It was the worst pile of wood you could ever imagine! The body was split right the way around in a spiral, so the whole thing would have a bellows effect. The strings were about an inch away from the fretboard, so playing a bar chord was virtually impossible, and the strings were so old and dull it was like listening to a cow pat! Plus I'm pretty sure the G string had broken at one time and been tied in a knot!

I loved it!!!!

LES ANDREW. The biggest influence on me...

:D

• 3 months later...
  • Noob

My playing first really started after hearing Guns and Roses. Come on guys Slash's guitaring is good.

After i started listening to more metal,so then James Hetfield really played an important role in the proggression of my playing.

Then there's Eric Clapton,Gary Moore,Satriani,Steve Vai,Van Halen,Jimmy Hendrix,Jimmy Page,Carlos Santana