Your Ad Could Be Here

Uk Based Rock/pop Band.

EyesWideOpen

Hi,

We are Eyes Wide Open, a 4 piece Rock/Pop Covers Band(at present) from the UK.

We have had numerous Recording Sessions and have been asked if we are interested in doing our own material. We have been together for 10 years on and off and over the past 18 months been taking our music very seriously. We have tried many times to write our own material but we just cannot do it due to 4 different members input, not one of us can stand out as a songwriter and theres too many influences within the band to have one of our own stick.

Now, this is where I try to get this forum and members on board.

We have Webcams, our own recording facility and internet access all the time. What we're looking for is someone or some people, to work with whether in the UK or further afield to aid us in making original material. Based on what we have done and failed at, we are looking for someone to obviously produce some lyrics which we are all happy of and we then put our original sound and music to. All credit will go to the songwriter, copies of the cd/paperwork/any other will always be provided to the said songwriter and if something comes of it MONEY!

Obviously theres copywriting issues within what both parties are doing, but we hope that trust and the drive and determination that both parties express will conquer any issues together. We have spoken to a local copywriting lawyer(if thats what you call them???) that seems to know his stuff and the easiest way to "copywrite" material through amatuer ways is to Recorded Post the information that needs copywriting to yourself and NEVER open it. We have been using this way ourselves for a while now with images and contracts just to prove that its dated, timed, recorded at that time of sending the item to yourself. I personally don't see an issue with the theory and it all seems legitimate.

If anyone knows different to the above or a cheap more lawful way then obviously please share!

If anyone is interested in what we are trying to do and would like more information or just to see what we do and have a listen do not hesitate to email me at mick_shaw@live.com we will then give you band contact information if we want to take it further.

Thanks for reading and I hope to put some input into this forum from now on!

Cheers

Mick.

Hi Mick! Welcome to Songstuff :)

Glad you like the ole place :) I can't believe it either!

Well there's lots of songwriting members up for collaborating, take a look in the collaboration board to find some to get started with.

I would recommend that you register you songs with the US Copyright Office. They have an online portal for song submissions. It's about $35 a submission, but then submissions can be collections of songs not just single songs. I know that you are in the UK and strictly speaking you do not need to register your songs for UK copyright law, but as you are doing this online it covers many jurisdictions, and the largest in internet terms is USA. It's simply the largest market.