Your Ad Could Be Here

Usb Audio Interface

Having recently moved to the USA from the UK, I left most of my songwriting/production equipment in the UK (due to extortionate shipping costs). I figured it would be easier and more cost effective to just start over.

I am currently considering buying the Line 6 Pod Studio KB37, however, before jumping right in and buying, I thought I'd ask for advice and see if anyone has any other suggestions that offer a keyboard, line and phantom power inputs and preferably (but not required) control devices for mapping parameters. I have considered buying a controller keyboard and USB audio interface separately, but within my budget.

The KB37 ranges from $289 to $350, so something no more than that price is my budget. Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

I would go for one of the low end Focusrite Saffire units http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces/scarlett_2i2/ and then find a cheap midi keyboard second hand (after trying it to make sure none of the keys are bung).

I haven't tried that Line 6 product but all the focusrite gear I have tried has been top notch both in drivers and preamps/build quality

I've had a few external usb soundcards (m audio, soundblaster, tascam, fostex) and honestly I don't miss them at all. As much as I'm a presonus fan I've gotten some bad reports on the low end stuff. For analog everything goes thru my yamaha awg, Though if I had my druthers I'd opt for a presonus 24.4.4 firewire is both faster and smoother then usb.

Edited by TapperMike