Your Ad Could Be Here

Encore Guitars

Couldn't afford a Squier.

Never liked them from the beggining anyway. Perhaps they're better than they used to be! Too late now... :)

What is all this fuzz with strato and it's copies anyway, is there more than meet the eye? What I mean is that one of my friends have played a Squier Strato for years, and last summer he buy a new guitar, this time he choose an Ibanez RG170; he was totally overwhelmed it's sound and playability, and just about speechless with joy...I just wonder... 8)

There are Strats and Strats. A 'copy' Strat looks like a Strat but that is usually where the similarity ends.

You even have to be careful about real Fender Strats; depending on where they are made, their quality varies. There are American, Japanes and Mexican Strats, the American being the highest quality and therefore more expensive.

Strats are good for blues-based rock. They are good guitars but in my opinion that does not make them 'the best'. It just depends what music you want to play - a lot of rock guitarists prefer Gibsons. Of course. al ot also depends on the other equipment you are using.

We should be pleased that these days there are many great makes of guitars to choose from.....

I still think there is too much bullshit attached to instruments! If you listen to a lot of music, you would have a job to tell what kind of guitar was used. Unless the guitar is right out front!

I agree - I was talking more from a player's point of view than from a listener's. I don't think the listener gives two hoots...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm too embarassed to tell you when I started playing as I should be brilliant by now. And I'm not.

Oh alright, then, since you begged me... ;)

I learnt my first chords at 16, started practising at 18, started writing songs at 18, played fairly often until I was 27, hardly played at all between 27 and 40. I started playing and writing regularly again about 3 years ago. I've never had a formal guitar lesson which might have helped if I had!

Oh alright, then, since you begged me... ;)

I learnt my first chords at 16, started practising at 18, started writing songs at 18, played fairly often until I was 27, hardly played at all between 27 and 40. I started playing and writing regularly again about 3 years ago. I've never had a formal guitar lesson which might have helped if I had!

Blimey! You should be brilliant by now! ;D ;D ;D