Your Ad Could Be Here

How's It Goin?

maxaugust10

Name's anonymous. I write songs for a high school alternative punk band that's currently nameless, but I call it Buff Babies. What I would like from this group is feedback - that's all really. I'm also curious to see what everyone else cooks up.

My biggest fear is getting too cliche both with lyrics and with the music, and I want to make sure I stay away from yarling or playing hunger dunger dang (google either of these terms and you should know what I mean).

I've written around 30 compositions, some of which are passable, some are awful, and some are god-awful.

I don't really want to take lyrics too seriously, which I think is a problem with modern alternative rock. My favorite band is Nirvana, which kick-started the whole radio - alternative thing, but Nevermind, their masterpiece album, is so much fun to listen to because of it's wild energy. It was angsty in a pumped up way, not a "I'm going to sit here and pout for a while" or "I'm so pissed off that I'm going to just yell about how much I hate stuff".

On the flip side, I also don't want to reduce my music to pop - radio - friendly party music. I'm sick of partying. Whats wrong with screwing around playing video games?

As you can tell, I am passionate about music. Sometimes I don't always accomplish my songwriting objectives and write depressing teen angst hunger dunger dang, or sometimes its just downright cheesy. This is why I'm here. I want would like to establish connections with talented songwriters which I am fairly sure lurk around here.

Cheers. You my call me by my pseudonym, Max August.

Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/buff-babies

If you want to listen to my demos, I recommend Way In, Pyro, and Meanwhile In France. Its all self produced and recorded into one mic, which would explain any quality issues you might have.