Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello All

tunesforyou

My name is Linda Knutson. I am a displaced northerner living in Lakeland, Florida. I'm thrilled to have found this forum. Hopefully, I'll be just as thrilled after sharing some of my songs!

I started playing the guitar in my 20s (my father always says I was a late bloomer). I've written poetry all my life. I actually wrote my first song when I got frustrated trying to play all the crazy chords in other people's songs. I tend to think I sing fairly well, I play at the guitar and I write some pretty good songs. If I had to corral them into a genre, I guess I'd say my style is country, modern folk, singer/songwriter. I'll be interested to see what you all think.

I don't know how to do all the fancy mixing and production type stuff you guys seem to do so well. I record directly to my computer using an old Pioneer tape deck as the conduit to my computer, with my voice on one channel and my guitar on the other. No, I don't record to tapes. The tape deck is just a way to hook up a mic and guitar and get the sound over to my computer. Then, I use some very simple software to clean up and balance out the two tracks. Pretty simple stuff, I know. But, most of my songs lend themselves well to simple voice/guitar recordings. So, it works out okay for me. Maybe some of you can help to bring me more into the 21st century! LOL!

Anyway, it's nice to meet you!