Your Ad Could Be Here

Emagic Logic Pro 6

Hi

I attended a demo the other day for Logic Pro 6. I have to say overall that i am quite impressed, although I do have some concerns and one or two dislikes.

The main view is pretty well what you would expect, and the system is very configurable. I liked the thumbnail video view with adjustable resolution and number of frames between the displayed frames. The mixer automation is very easy, and flexible. The mixer itself expands as features are added. All good.

I didn't like the navigation of windows though. It wasn't very intuitive. In particular the ordering of effects and treatments as not immediately apparent and based on drag and drop text boxes. Personally I prefer the virtual patch bay available with some other recording packages. During the demo audio stopped (because the screensaver kicked in).  This resulted in closing and re-starting Logic. Not exactly a good selling point.

One good move...Emagic are now packaging all their plugins with Pro 6, which much reduces the cost!

Pro 6 is mac only (PCs were just slowing them down apparently)

Cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...