Your Ad Could Be Here

Rode NT1

Got a Rode NT1 large diaphram condenser microphone  the other day after hearing many good things about them in the past.  I will share my findings after working with it a little bit.

Hi David

I'd be interested to hear.  I have an NT2 and I'm very impressed.

Cheers

John

*taps fingers* Any report on that mic yet?

I have owned a Marshal Large condensor for some time now, and I have never really cared for it! Not warm enough. So, I'm looking for feedback from others and their experience with vocal mikes!

I need warm, warmer, warmest! Without breaking the bank of course!  ;D

Unfortunately my findings won't be of the vocal nature.  I have been experimenting with this mike from all places on the drum kit from hi-hats to over heads, even shakers.  I will let you know when I have some more complete info.

Hi Tom

I would have to say I'm really happy with my NT2. Well worth a look and not too expensive. I've been using it for about a year. The vocals on Miserable Girl were recorded with it www.mp3.com/BibiM if that's any use.

Cheers

John

The results are in!!!! LOL ;D

Anyway...I have tried this microphone in just about every application on a drumset that a person could imagine.  Overheads, Hi-Hats, Ride cymbals, Toms, individual drums.  My first response from this microphone was amazement at its incredible sensitivity.  I found its strongpoints were cymbals especially Hi-Hats.  A guitarist friend of mine who uses this microphone in his studio told me this is the only microphone he will use on acoustic guitar.  I would certainly purchase Rode Products in the future.

• 1 year later...

Just an update on the NT1.  I have been comparing it with some audix cymbal mics i purchased and have had a chance for the new to wear off.  I am still more pleased with the NT1 and its crispness versus other mics designed for cymbals.  Sometimes you just have to go back and reassess.