Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi From A Newbie

Hi! you huys can call me Balls. I'm brand new to this song writing thing. I'm a guy and have written sucky lyrics. I can vaguely play the piano and I know the basic chords. found this forum on google and was wondering if anyone could help me out in terms of composing a melody and writing lyircs. I like rock music and a few of my favorite acts are oasis, the fray, david cook and foo fighters. I really wanna learn at least the basics of song writing so that i can do it myself.

• Editors

Hello Balls ! :) Welcome to Songstuff!

You will definitely get some help on going about with your songwriting here. Start browsing around the songs critique and the lyrics section,you'll see a variety of songwriters like us two. Listening to your idols gives you one kind of a knowledge but listening to someone like you and me helps you relate to what YOU wanna be much better. Thats usually because we never compare ourselves to our idols I guess,anyways,just browse around,there are some brilliant articles on songwriting on the site as well: http://songwriting.songstuff.com/ ,do have a read,Im sure it'll be very useful to you,and dont be shy to ask questions,we're all here to help,cheers

Mahesh

Well thank you. I was hoping to learn about writing melodies, arranging accompaniments to melodises and how to create a melody from a chord progression. Any ideas on where I can do that? Oh and would any of you like to collaborate ? I can help with lyrics. Only if u guys don't mind