Your Ad Could Be Here

Polar Bears Of Arizona

pboaz

G'day

I just registered for the forums, so here I am introducing myself.

I'm a British guy, originally from a small town near Liverpool, currently living in Arizona. I also have strong connections to Finland and really view Helsinki as my long time home.

I've written songs, or at least messed around with original compositions since I was in a band in highschool, but I have rarely finished anything until this year. But I now have six MP3s of original material on my blog page

http://polarbearsofarizona.wordpress.com/

I play guitar (I have a bit of a GAS issue...), bass and record just using an M-Audio Fastrack and Garageband on a Macbook. I also 'sing', badly...

I have young kids, so I am not in a band. My long term aim is to continue to write as the kids get older, working on my chops as a writer, guitarist and singer. I might even start doing open mics with an acoustic guitar, if I can build up the courage! Ultimately I'd like to join or form a band when I have more free time. If my singng has improved by then, peraps I'll even front it. If not, then I'll look to play guitar or bass.

Stylisically, the material I have is all over the map, but I guess you could pigeon-hole it as alternative rock in the broadest sense.

I guess I am looking to engage with other musicians and songwriters. Just plugging away in the spare room is cool, but if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it... I'm also keen to pick up tips and get feedback.

Anyway. That's me.

Cheers

pboaz

Thanks Tom! Just read your blog post. Wise words! It is indeed sad that it gets more difficult each year to make a living as an artist, but the opportunities for an amateur to pursue his/passion are now amazing.

Have you read this?

http://thetrichordist.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/meet-the-new-boss-worse-than-the-old-boss-full-post/

As a spotty teenager I used to yearn for a tascam 4 track, but now look at all the gizmos we have!

I'm looking forward to checking out other people's music on the forums