Your Ad Could Be Here

Trying To Expand My Knowledge

I'm a new musician...well, not new..but new at trying to actually break into the scene.

I have a few (or a lot of) questions that I haven't been able to find on Google, lol, so here they are:

1. How do you book gigs?

2. What's required to book a gig?

3. I've heard that bands need "press kits", what is that and how do I make one? Can I use a digital one like the one on Reverbnation?

4. In three months I plan to release an EP. How do I find people who can write stuff like this on the day I drop it?

( http://bit.ly/MwPCIL )

I really hope someone sees this and replies. I feel like the section of the forums doesn't get a lot of attention. :helpsmilie:

No one who handles booking is going to search you out on the web. When you approach someone for a booking you'd better have your credentials in order. You have to go to them. They won't be coming to you. They'll often make a judgment based on first encounter whether or not you are worthy for review.

"Hey do you have a computer? Let me show you this website." Is that anyway to introduce yourself to a potential gig? "Hey look at my ipad no you can't keep it as a reference" Give them something they can hold in there hand. Not a url which they'll forget even before the first contact is over.

• Like 1

No one who handles booking is going to search you out on the web. When you approach someone for a booking you'd better have your credentials in order. You have to go to them. They won't be coming to you. They'll often make a judgment based on first encounter whether or not you are worthy for review.

"Hey do you have a computer? Let me show you this website." Is that anyway to introduce yourself to a potential gig? "Hey look at my ipad no you can't keep it as a reference" Give them something they can hold in there hand. Not a url which they'll forget even before the first contact is over.

And I believe that's where a press kit comes in, right? I read that some gigs prefer physical press kits, and some like electronic press kits. I'm not exactly sure of what a press kit is though and what I need to make one. :no: