Your Ad Could Be Here

Choosing A Drumset?

mykalallen

Hey all,

I'm a budding songwriter and want to be able to introduce some drums to my music.. I've posted around looking for someone to drum, but it doesn't seem like there are many drummers who are interested in my genre of music.

My real question, though, is what kind of drumset should I get? I play fairly simple music - and dont plan on playing any kind of heavy metal/double bass required.. whatever music, haha.

I'm not sure if I should invest in an electronic drumset.. or an actual drumset. I'll probably only really be using drums for the recordings themselves.. if it came down to it I would probably be able to find someone to play my drums parts for me live.. but untill then I guess I'll be up on stage with that acoustic alone.

Or maybe even get Superior Drummer, one of those programs.. but I have no real idea of how to play drums.. so..

You can check out a few of my songs.. although they aren't all ready for drums, you can at least get an idea.

I really dont want to spend far too much - just enough to get a good enough sound for the style of music I do?

Edited by mykalallen

I'm talking about extremely simple drum parts, but of course, I understand it'll take an extreme amount of practice.

Will more than likely be paying for some kind of lessons as well - I'd rather pay for lessons than hire someone or acquire software.

I'd rather acquire at least some skill in drumming itself - I mean, if I can get my drumming to the "level" of my guitar playing (only been playing guitar for 4 years), then I'll be more than alright.