Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

solman

Hello everyone ..my name is Richard Solis

im a musician/ songwriter hailin from the islands of trinidad and tobago

i started playin drums about 10 years ago and a little guitar soon after.

only within the last few years i started to really play and explore the guitar and then i started singing and writing songs.

i love rhythm... anything that is rhythmic i love to play. i play drumset and all kinds of percussion, i play rhythm on the guitar and bass. and ive been real gettin into Yarrdaki (or didgeridoo as the colonialists renamed it) recently.

As i said ive recently started writing songs and playing small shows under the name Solman (Sol like the sun).

heres a link to my music for anyone interested :)

www.facebook.com/solmanmusic

www.reverbnation.com/solman

I have a basic recording set up here in my room ... M-audio fast track pro and some MXL mics so i do some little demo recordings at home.

right now im looking to get some studio time (and some finance :s) to get some professional quality recordings

I went to Berklee College of Music in 2008, and after 2 years there a series of really profound and challenging experiences made me decide to leave and focus more on self development for a while. a lot of self reflection, meditation, reading and searching.

From that i ended up volunteering on a Permaculture farm and learning about sustainable gardening and living in harmony with the Earth.

I met a lot of really inspiring people in that time that changed my life and my understanding of life.

i did that for over a year and now Music is once again my focus..

My intention is to become really successful as an artist so that i can have a powerful vehicle to express and share the ideas and inspirations that have changed my life, and to bring more healing and consciousness into this crazy world.

i intend on being successful enough that i can promote and finance projects that bring healing and balance (sustainable communities, free food forests, resources for people to find creative outlets to express themselves etc etc) I know a few people who have these sorts of projects in their focus and could use the help.

anyway.. i realize that as human beings we need community to survive and thrive so im really grateful for a forum and a community like this, and i hope to give and receive whatever i can to help everyone to follow their dreams :)

Bless up

-richard

Edited by solman