Your Ad Could Be Here

Enjoy My Raw And Rough Song!

This is the first song I ever wrote with the guitar as an accompaniment. I got a guitar on Christmas and I wrote this song after about 6 weeks or so after teaching myself guitar so it's a very rough recording that I forgot I had even done until I was going through my archives (which songwriters tend to have many of). My voice varies from being under par and just right on the line of decent so I apologize for the lack of pop vocals. So please enjoy one of my favorite songs that I've written. 

Shoes of Grey (Suit of Orange)

• Like 1

"Pop vocals" not needed here, your voice and playing as they are seem well matched. Of course if you can get some balanced recordings it will allow both to be heard better. I like your passionate singing and especially the 6/8 rhythm, this upsets even experiences musos sometimes! But pretty common in the artists you listed in yr profile I guess. 

Maybe this song needs some more contrast, you can see even from the Soundcloud waveform that it has a very similar structure all the way through. A quieter bit, or slower bit? Anyway, for 16 years old this is a very impressive effort. Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch Chased. I wrote and recorded that one night after work at about midnight and I was so new to playing that my arm got too tired to even keep up with the rhythm so I messed a few times. It's one of my favorite songs of mine. I have a few better songs on my Soundcloud account. Paisley Poplin Shirt is a good one to check out. It's a bit more radio friendly, melody wise. I posted these lyrics a while back right after I wrote it I think, and someone said that there were too many syllables to be sung and there wasn't an ABA format or whatever but I've never had trouble singing it. Of the 6/8 rhythm, I had to look up what that even was, so I guess I'm too new to truly understand any of that. Thanks a bunch though!

-Cal