Your Ad Could Be Here

Thesolipsistgroup

I second that Steve. Once upon a time there were quite a number of electronic artists who seemed genuinely interested in discussing crafting electronic music here. Now so much is either loop based or using one or two core software tools (fruityloops, reason etc) I wonder if the artists venture much beyond the software makers websites these days, at least when it comes to discussing creation or mixing ideas.

The tools can create such reasonable basics out the box these days many getting into creating tracks don't look far beyond preset combinations nevermind having any drive to really get into serious sound creation. It's seriously limited horizons with a pretty stagnant dance/electronica sound and production market by past levels of diversity. Sure quality is there, and there are always some quality artists but the sheer sameness of sound, of approach and result is shocking. Even worse there is little stigma now in not being imaginitive by the acceptance and use of presets in such a widespread way.

Point is much discussion doesn't venture passed a chosen core tool. Kinda sad. The fact is the tools are great and the people at the top of their game use multiple tools just like they used to. But for lil guys who want to bang out a tune, they can do it with one package. close enough is good enough, even if a million other users have the same loops, fx and set up. No wonder it' stagnating. Hopefully enough will get bored enough with the same old same old that a decent movement of true creators will spark off again. These things always have gone in cycles. And Recycles lol

oh and sorry to the OP for hijacking the topic, my comments weren't speciific to your track. Truth be told I hadn't even listened to your song. I'll listen next time, when I have a system to listen on. As it wasn't posted to the critique boards I guess you are more looking to promote than get any serious commenting.