Your Ad Could Be Here

New Member From Canada

Hi there,

Looks like a great resource you have here.  

I've been in the music business since the early 1990's, but for the first time, I'm actually trying to write songs.  I've done some film music and some instrumentals, as well as being on the playing and production side of twelve commercial albums, and countless demos.  But this is the first time I've thought about writing songs... with lyrics.

I don't particularly have a problem with the composing side, but lyrics are a huge obstacle for me, I guess because I never listen to them in the songs I listen to - a good song has always been about the music for me. If anyone has any tips other than the obvious - start listening to lyrics and writing them down, I'm all ears.

I did write what I thought was a fabulous set of lyrics once...  but I seem unable to repeat the process!    :microwave:

Rich

Thanks Tom.  I don't know about immensely qualified - experienced doesn't necessarily mean good.  Definitely, in my case.   :online2long:

Archived