Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriting Competitions?

Hello If you were going to enter a song writing contest which one would you enter? I am an americana song writer (folk/ country/ bluegrass/ blues) and do not really care about cash prizes I would rather have my song heard by big names. I saw these from ascap here ( The ASCAP Resource Guide: Songwriting Competitions) and they all seem to be legit but they all  have wildly different prizes and judges? Have any of you entered any of these? I would like my songs heard by some medium/ big names in the business. I also I do not care about the cost of entering  and will enter at least 15 songs in which ever one I enter unless you think it would be better to enter less songs but do more different competitions.
Let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Macmanmatty
Edited by macmanmatty

Thanks for the reply,  I was thinking of entering the mountain stage new song contest as this has produced some big names I have heard of and seems to be more americana (folk/ country/ bluegrass/ blues) oriented so I think I may do better there.  Is the billboard contest even in existance any more?  and How the does the great american song contest draw "huge" numbers? They claim they only let in 5,000 entries??

No I have not entered any songs in contest before. They only way I figured that the billboard contest is done is that the link to their site is down and googling  them brings up nothing. Everything else I know is from looking at the contests sites. I hope full arangements don't work against me because I was hoping to show who ever is listening that I am the full package. I write the songs words and music, I play ALL the instruments , I sing, I record, I mix, I produce, I master, I do it all!!

Hello just updated my profile I had no idea I was a male in afganistan  living in a cave writing  songs in english??!! definatly not me. I am from NW FL near panama city just doing what I do best and hope one it will make me money. I also the first post never showed up for me hence why I reposted it.

Edited by macmanmatty