Your Ad Could Be Here

More on the RIAA

In some ways I agree with the sentiments of this article. But the fact remains that copyrighted material is being freely distributed on a vast scale. I personly think that the RIAA is in no way representing the artists it claims to. It is representing RIAA. The fines (or settlements) that have been imposed would never reach any of the artists, it goes into the RIAA coffers. I think the days of the big 5 may be numbered. The playing field has become vast and the profits of the 5 are shrinking exponentialy. This is a fact of the present climate. The music buying public are buying less music. Maybe it's because we don't believe the hype anymore! Maybe it's because we can hear music everywhere, including TV ads. The abundance of radio stations now broadcasting has made every type of music accessible FREE and easy to everybody. We don't see the idolisation of artists like we used to. All factors in the changing world of music!