Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello World

acesover

Hi,

My name is Dan and I'm a 53-year old father of two from Canada. I've been writing song-ideas for about 25 years or so. I call them ideas because I haven't really finished too many of them into full songs, probably a handful. Most are 1-2 minute thoughts, with one or two variations as I work the song through in my head. I usually wake up with a new melody in each morning, and often have two or three more ideas during the day. I record them on my cell phone and hope one day to start extending the better ones into something more. I barely play piano, can strum a few chords on my guitar, and almost manage to sing my ideas without being flat, so musicianship is not my forte. My wife tells me that my lyrics are bad, so I guess at the end of the day, I'm all about the melody (which is true, because I cannot recite lyrics from any popular songs, I just make up my own to go with the melody, which I do remember, and this also drives her a bit crazy).

I've come to this forum hoping to get help with ways to improve my recordings, maybe collaborate, and just hang out a bit. Thanks.

p.s. I'm an IT/Programming person, which is why I titled my subject Hello World (every programmer writes a 'Hello World' app for his first project)

Dan