Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Strings

Hey

Ok, almost every guitarist I know has favourite guitar strings. Is it purely down to sound? Price? Shiney packaging? Brand name?

So what are your favourites and why?

Me, D'Addario phosphur bronze lights for acoustic, and Dean Markley Electric light guage for my electric guitars.

For me it is sound when the strings are new. I try to change them each month when I'm playing regularly. It's more noticable on the acoustic.

Cheers

John

When I was gigging, I changed strings regularly. Not so now. I used Ernie Ball mainly, 9-42, but for a few years I used 10-48, becuase they were less prone to breaking. I can't say I noticed much difference between any of the major brands as far as sound quality went...?

for acoustic I normally buy gibson 0.13, but just because is the only brand that has 013's for acoustics down in madrid...

as for electric, which is my favourite, I'm more specific, I buy each string separate, all dean markley's:

- 1st .013

- 2nd .018

- 3rd .020 (plain)

- 4th .030

- 5th .042

- 6th .052

I tune to Eb so I still can bend a little... and I'm thinking about thicken the 6th string, so my next could be a .054 or.056.

I try to change them once a month or so...

also my picks are very strange because I make them myself using a thumb pick, a 3mm jim dunlop big stubby, some superglue and a dremel machine...

for acoustic I normally buy gibson 0.13, but just because is the only brand that has 013's for acoustics down in madrid...

as for electric, which is my favourite, I'm more specific, I buy each string separate, all dean markley's:

- 1st  .013

- 2nd .018

- 3rd .020 (plain)

- 4th .030

- 5th .042

- 6th .052

Heavy!

Bordering on Bass strings there Hari!

Not too much difference between the 2nd and 3rd either! An interesting combination.

Heavy!

Bordering on Bass strings there Hari!

Not too much difference between the 2nd and 3rd either! An interesting combination.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like to feel the tension of the strings, and also I get a very thick sound with a lot of "cojones".

I love to customize my guitar stuff... I have a little cap between the hot and ground tips of my volume, so I can play with it without loosing high range, also added a on/off switch to play that "tom morello's" rythm chops, and another switch for humbucker/single for both pickups... and a tone switch, with a special capacitor that don't eat ALL the high range. when this switch is off, the cap is out of the circuit so it leaves the original signal pure.

hey! I love my guitar!!! ::)