Your Ad Could Be Here

Beginning Testing On A Replacement Daw

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a new Daw that is versatile, stable, has a small footprint, and is modestly priced.

I've narrowed the field down to

- Studio One Producer

- Reaper

- Mixcraft

I've asked for insights to the above at other forums so I can maximize my trial experience, Now I'm entering the trial stage and would like your help.

I'm looking for unmixed multi track recordings that I can handle mixdown with. Yes every daw includes sample work however, I find the included samples to well optimized for real life situations.

I cannot save poorly recorded performances. All I can do is optimize the results. I may add or subtract tracks to work out the full range of capabilities. I may mangle tracks. I'll be stress testing the DAW's seeing how well they operate in a number of different circumstances. And try to document my results.

I'm no longer in the recording field professionally. I have no intention of doing free mix work. However if I do have a pleasing result I may return the finished product to the original content provider/artist. It won't be up to grade as what one might find at a mix house but then again I'm not a mix house nor do I provide free mastering services.

If you would like to contribute so I can give these products the testing they deserve, I thank you.

-Mike