Your Ad Could Be Here

"terror"

This is a dedication to "Terror" My bull Terrior who was still in his prime, when  I had to put him out of his misery at the Vet, because of a enormous bone that got stuck in his throat. They could not dislodge it surgically; and every breathe he took was torture. His absence is still missed even though it's been a few years since ....

Sorry it's very sad............

You were my Dragon

You were my friend

You brought such joy

And laughter until the end

A sudden cruel twist of fate

wrenched you away

On that  black sad day

But our bond is not broken

You spirits with me still

We’ll meet again my Dragon

That empty corner of my heart

waits for you that space to fill

Hi Gwyneth

Heartfelt for sure!..pets, they are companions, friends, like family...when they die we will rally round.  I can relate all too well!...thank you Mike

Oh, my.  I had an experience like that.  

Old Samson, my friend for seventeen years.  He lost his mind.  Spent all of his time pacing and guarding.  His joints were all shot.  He had been the kind of dog that would see you were sad and come put his paw in your hand.  But he didn't know what was going on anymore.  No until the day I took him to the vet to take his pain away.  He was afraid and he defecated all over the car.  When we got there he struggled and my gym shorts were falling down in the parking lot, one hand on my pants and one on the friend I was about to kill.  Tragicomic.  When they gave him the first injection he sighed because the pain had been with him for a while.  I had delayed, you see.  It was the first time he had been able to lay down and rest for quite some time.  When they gave him the second injection I held my hand over his heart.  Just then the veterinary assistants activated the music speakers, terribly loud: "That's just the way it is!  Some things will never change!"  I was distracted, and I never felt the final beat of his heart.  I said "It's done." and the vet looked at me in some way I couldn't figure out.  Like maybe he'd never heard such a sad voice, or maybe he heard it every day, or maybe he thought I'd make trouble about the damned sound system.  

True story.  I never much liked that song anyway.

I'm sorry about your dog.  

• 1 month later...

Hi Ken,

Oh No, your story is as sad as mine. I would've just broken down in your place, I am so sorry for your loss of Samson and such a similar

"hurtful song" now haunts us both whenever it plays on the radio....

This poem expanded into become a song. If you'd like to hear it, the music is kind of mystical folk, hauntingly sad....

(The other one"Oh South Africa"  is a political song for my Party I support, music for the song is good, lyric is pretty good but unfortunately the vocal is too weak, and

I am trying to get my local band Prime Circle to Voice over it, as it needs a stronger vocal to deliver LOL

http://soundcloud.com/gwyneth-bradley

Heartfelt and a great tribute. Always sad to lose a pet, my condolences for sure.

Thanks so much LG. How is your health now after pneumonia? And your eyes? Are you mended up again my friend? Hope

so!!! Because you are very talented.

Archived