Your Ad Could Be Here

Trying To Test Pod Farm And Running Into Issues With Reason

Posted this on both the Line 6 and Propellerhead forums, but thought the fine folk here might have ideas, too:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

I recently started recording, and wanted more Line 6 tones than the small amount of amps and cabinets that come with Reason.

I downloaded POD Farm Free to see how it works.  My hope was that the cabinets and amps -- and even the effects -- from POD Farm Free would simply be added to my options in Reason.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case, though.

I'm uploading a picture to show my exact issue.  Here's what I've done:

post-16784-0-89094700-1395086174_thumb.p

1) I created a tone in POD Farm Free called "Cutaia Test."  I added in some models that do not come default in Reason.  As you can see in the picture, POD Farm Free allows me to use those amps/etc. and says, "You have all the model packs needed for the selected tone(s)."

2) I went to Reason and selected my saved test tone, but it doesn't sound like it should.  Furthermore, the picture shows that the Power Amp isn't selected, and while the Brit Celeste's name is shown, it has an asterisk, indicating it's "missing."

I thought that by having the licence for these models in POD Farm, I could just save a tone, and use it properly in Reason, but so far, no dice.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Maybe:

- I have saved things in an incorrect place?
- I'm misunderstanding how POD Farm works?
- My POD Farm licenses aren't loading correctly?  (I have noticed that each time I open POD Farm, it tells me that it isn't authorized and will run in trial mode.  When I click "Licence Manager" from that warning, though, it opens and tells me that it *is* indeed authorized).

I hope I can get this fixed.  From the little I've played with POD Farm Free tones, I'm sure I'd want to buy the full version, but not if I can't use the tones!