Your Ad Could Be Here

Novation Launchpad - Help Please

Ok, got a new to me Launchpad (not an 'S', the older one, still only about a year old) to play with and learn.

In case you don't know, they don't have a user guide, I repeat "NO USER GUIDE WHATSOEVER". Any youtube video's show Ableton or FL Studio, which I don't use.

I've got it plugged in, even made some pad sounds through my DAW, so I've hooked it up ok :)

Now, can anyone help with how to get the thing mapped, move things to how I want them etc. Does anyone know of a dummies guide on what everything is and what it'll do. Does anyone have a layout guide .............. or anything BUT that is unrelated to Ableton etc.

Can anyone tell me how to get it working say with Kontakt's Komplete?

In case it matters, I'm using Studio One 2

I hope someone can help :yes: Not a very nice ornament otherwise :lol:

Thx in advance :thumb:

Launchpad is really designed for FL and Ableton live.

I know that Mike - even has ABLETON on it :lol: , and they are working on getting it to work with more. I've got it setup with Studio One. It's how to get S1 and Launchpad to work together, since there's no basic 'how to' to use the damn thing. It hooks up, S1 sees it, pull an instrument into a track, hit a pad, works.

It's a midi/loop controller that you can program etc. Why wouldn't they supply a basic userguide for how the various buttons work in the different states - it's beyond me. Just glad it was cheap, for me to learn on.

Thanks for this link, in my searches hadn't found this one, with all the Ableton and FLS stuff in the way :)

If you didn't get the dvd with the drivers...

The first thing you need to do is get the drivers....

http://us.novationmusic.com/support/product-downloads?product=Launchpad%20S

If you didn't go as far as to select the program to receive the device you have to do that after you have the drivers

With some devices it requires more then just plugging something into a usb.

If you are able to use launchpad in a simple straightforward host such as ...Cantible lite - http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/download/

Then it may be the way S1 is setup to handle midi input.  For that I would suggest you post at the presonus forums.

http://forums.presonus.com/forums/list.page

While evaluating S1 I chose not to buy it for a few reasons.  (have to upgrade to use third party vst's)  I can recall some issues with S1 not working with my midi device.  I can't recall how I fixed it.  So... use the presonus forum

Edited by TapperMike

Try loading one of the virtual instruments into a track.

Simply click on a virtual instrument and drag it onto the track view then start hitting keys.

If the track/object is highlighted on the track view then it means that track is active.

If you arm the track and hit the record button it should record.

If it's not making a sound it could be the midi settings not accepting the midi channel.

In general most daws default to omni (all 16 channels) for midi input per track, so you don't have to worry about which midi channel your device is sending on....In general.   Sometimes they specify to receive on channel 1 or allow you to assign which channel is used to receive the midi signal.

I only had S1 for two weeks and I can't recall it's details for how it sets up channel receive.  You might want to discuss that over at the presonus forums.