Your Ad Could Be Here

Lonesome Road Blues..comments Appreciated

bluesguy63

Enjoyed listening. You have a cool authentic blues-y/folk-y/country sound to your voice. Kind of like Waylon Jennings meets Woody Guthrie or something. I'm not a voice coach or anything so I can't offer you any vocal critique really other than to just keep at it! :) But wanted to show some love to your tune. 

Man imho you'd be totally fine at an open mic or a jam! I mean if it's some kind of a open freestyle jazz jam session you might not want to try that. But your music would work just fine in any old bar with open mic. ! If you did do open mic you'll probably want to come with at least 2 or 3 tunes you can play. Any experience with open mic I've ever had has been a very open environment with mostly amateur musicians who are just trying to be heard and get their feet wet playing live. Everybody has to start somewhere right? 

Thanks Hobo...that song has been around since the '20's. It has been done by Woody Guthrie, Bill Monroe ...even the Grateful Dead over the years.

I appreciate the kind words...I'm not in Nashville but I am in the hills of East Tennessee.... a lot of musical talent around here though. My son is one of such talent...Check him out on youtube-"Jake and the Comet Conductors" his version of "How Blue Can you Get" is one of my favs. 

Re the Rainsong...I've always been intrigued by those guitars. They sound great.