Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriter's Album Contest/project

tracyl

Hey, so I'm writing this whole new album. And usually when I do, I run out of ideas pretty quickly. There's this exercise I do where I do like an overview/outline of the album. I write the name of a song and a description of the story I want to write from that. And from that, I could write the lyrics to an album in one day. And most of them usually make the cut. So I was working on this new free album and I thought, I should share the experience with the songwriters of this forum. Every 24 hours, I will post a title and a description for a song, and participants can post lyrics they could fathom from what they got. I will put a poll and the songs with the highest votes will get to collaborate with EDM producer Keen() on making the songs happen and make a whole album that could twin with mine. I think it'd be a fun, challenging and interesting activity so make the most of it and join.

Call You Home
First one, I'll start off with the saddest one. I won't give a specific genre, as I think all genre can tell the same story. 

"This man(Boy) is vulnerable and left lonely at home since she(Girl) left him alone. Now he's just staring at his phone, thinking if he should call her to come home."

Nice idea... though can I confirm that writers will get a co-write credit? I know it is free, but songs can be re-recorded etc and you or someone else might do a commercial version at a later date, so if that occurs I would confirm that your co-writer would get an appropriate share decided at the write time? For example you do the music so you get 50% for that. To simplify the lyrics side you could simply say that the lyricists get an equal share of the remaining 50%. It's better if any awkward questions are just dealt with and out the way :)

Nice idea... though can I confirm that writers will get a co-write credit? I know it is free, but songs can be re-recorded etc and you or someone else might do a commercial version at a later date, so if that occurs I would confirm that your co-writer would get an appropriate share decided at the write time? For example you do the music so you get 50% for that. To simplify the lyrics side you could simply say that the lyricists get an equal share of the remaining 50%. It's better if any awkward questions are just dealt with and out the way :)

Yeah, I guess. It'll be 50/50. But really this is more of a project to help develop the muscle of songwriting and a fun way to see how other people could interpret and write from the same source. I was thinking of doing it as a Creative Commons license, of course with the appropriate credits given.

Edited by tracyl