Your Ad Could Be Here

THE YEAR IN REVIEW

THE YEAR IN REVIEW

If there was a year that was, mark this as the year that was because

as it begins to pass into history- or infamy let us not forget, to reflect

on all the gun violence at every turn from city to city, village, hamlet and town

making us take stock, run for cover -tell me, why are there so many haters

we got the NRA- black lives do matter-watch your back-when guns have no mind

still hate has an agenda -paint a pretty picture, tender mercies, hardly, what a year

recount, the trouble overseas- settling scores, political game changers more troubles

all the hot spots, international dangers, Iran, Iraq, Russia with Syria, Afghanistan

Pakistan-Palistine, Israel- USA and now we got us a lame duck president-politics anyone?

a transition year-Trump or Mrs Clinton, Rubio, Cruz, Bernie Sanders- we can't wait

as the dust finally settles-and we say for the first time ever, hail to the Madam President

for it was a year of planes trains, automobiles , fast food-lines- fire the grill-ketchup, mustard

burger, fries all the calories galore- Mac Burger or Donald King- Delta, the American Air Lines

all the takeover does it really matter which one emerges- victorious, we still had countless delays

more bad weather, all the crowds, with less patience, gas cost less- no lines- so don't ask or complain

as we hang on to every single word, imogii, emoticon more deep thinkers- android, apple- cell phone

Ipads, the climates changing- soon no more polar ice- the astronauts, space race, Mercury, Pluto,Mars

a space explored- rocket- X-drones- you pay through the nose- still keep me earth bound, firmly footed

plant me on the ground- give me the newest bestseller, or Star Wars-with Adele's triumphant return

CNN, fighting ISIS-fighting words- multiple religions John Lennon's words ring true, we live in fear

fall out shelters up in the mountains, whats next and still there was more- the terrorists continue

to threaten every nation, where no ones safe- paralyzed California-Je suis (I am) Paris-who's next

how much longer till we come together as one united front, angry, and make those f***kers pay

so give us peace- our rally cry- we can no longer delay- and still it would not be a year complete without

those Kardashians, Bruce Jenner's transition -call me Caitlain- how far we've come, Kim and Kanye

Chloe and Lamarr, Kylie, Kendall- just how many are there- as we delve into pop-culture-the internet

google- face book- tinder, pintrest, your guess or mine- and yes there will be a quiz- so don't you fret

as we drop the crystal ball in Times Square one more time count it down to 10-drop all the confetti

make a huge mess- who cares- someone else will clean it up - a million people crammed into one square

mile- with friends you never met, ready, set, turn the calendar page- start the clamity, more hysteria,

see whats next- repeat the process- count your blessings- look toward the future-knowing we cannot

prevent what we don't see ahead- take a breath- one day at a time, 365, 366 who's counting, leap year

take it all in stride, run but you can't hide or turn back the time, every-body smile-Happy New Year

By Michael Perry

Archived