Your Ad Could Be Here

Fort Myers Florida

So I just got back from my one day vacation.  Drove 22 hours from my home in the suburbs of Detroit to Fort Myers FLA

Spent one day trying to do as much as humanly possible.

Rob if you are reading this.... I posted that I was going in the chat forum.  Would have loved to have met up with you while I was there.

Here's my one day schedule.  Started in Tice where I rented a cheap hotel room. (Man has that gone to hell in a hand basket) Headed to Lovers Key.  Park admission was $2.00.  Pure Nirvana.  I was the only one there when I first arrived.  Strolled the beach Kicked off my shoes and went for a little walk in the water.  Did some shelling before the crowds (not much of one) came in.  Talked to a few tourists who rented charter pontoons and played tour guide.  *Even though I'd never set foot on Lovers Key,  I've driven on it to get from Ft Myers Beach to Naples before.

Came back up to Ft Myers Beach around 10 am to check out the latest spring break fashion show  http://www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/  Ft Myers beach used to be my old stomping grounds I used to play in a traditional (swing era) jazz band and we were the house band.

Headed to The River District Fort Myers to check out the face lift  My goodness that area has been fully gentrified since I lived there

From there I went to Pine Island where I'd lived and worked before.  Bumped into an old friend who actually remembered me (26 years later)  http://www.pineisland-eagle.com/page/content.detail/id/527624/Mel-Meo-opens-new-studio-in-old-location.html?nav=5047

Then I went down to Captiva Island to watch the sun set on the gulf.

captiva-sunset-iii-steven-ainsworth.jpg

Yes, the sunsets are that beautiful without retouching.

When I get my pictures back from fotomat (j/k) (actually when I have time) I'll share them.

Edited by TapperMike
nothing really

Looks like you condensed a whole week into that day. Great going man!

Only option I had.

I've got the picks on the other computer and have uploaded them to fb but they need to be resized and compressed for here.

It was a day that can last a lifetime. And a day was all I had.  

I'm seriously considering moving down to the Fort Myers area again.  Here's the thing. I can make more money doing what I'm doing now (cooking) and the cost of living is cheaper.  Right now I'm paying 650 a month for rent, gas, electric, water combined for a one bedroom apartment.  Down there I can get a mobile home for 540 everything included.  Up here I'm making less then $10.00 an hour and putting in a 28 hr week.  Down in Florida cooks jobs are 40hr weeks and many start at $15.00,   I'd leave today if I could but I have to take care of several obligations and build up some cash.

Edited by TapperMike
typo