Your Ad Could Be Here

I don't know whether to be excited...

...or nervous!

I have just recently been invited to start working with this Singer/Musician/Songwriter out of Nashville. We are also working with this fella Jesse who has just finished working (Engineer/Mix Editor) for a new song for Faith Hill.

I will basically do some background piano work and also some pre-mastering on the end tracks. This will be something new for me, but Jim (The songwriter) seems to like my preliminary work. This won't be album work at this point, but more of a package presented to producers.

Who knows, you might just hear our work on a movie some day.

That would be cool!

Tom

...or nervous!

I have just recently been invited to start working with this Singer/Musician/Songwriter out of Nashville.

This is a bit sketchy!

I will basically do some background piano work and also some pre-mastering on the end tracks. ...............This won't be album work at this point, but more of a package presented to producers.

Are there producers waiting for this stuff? Or is it still on the ground?

Who knows, you might just hear our work on a movie some day.

So is it instrumental stuff or what?

Also, is there an article in this? Please take copious notes...

Say hi to the wife for me will you...? :)

OK, I will try to explain a bit more.

I first met Jim Counter all of 25 years ago. I went to a few of his bands concerts. I last saw him about 15 years ago.

I sent him a few of my tracks over the years to get his opnion on this or that. Nothing serious, but just some tips he had learned himself from working/struggling in the Nashville scene.

Other than that, no real corrospondence.

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but he e-mailed me about a month ago asking my opinion on two of his newest songs. After seriously listening, I wrote back and said his pieces needed some piano work and would he mind if I messed with that and also worked on the overall sound. I just wanted to do it for fun since I was doing nothing myself..........for quite some time now.

Well, I did just that and the next thing I know my phone was ringing. He told me that he, his sound engineer, and his new rep liked what I did. They asked if I would be interested in working with them.

One thing that Jim did tell me was that in the dog eat dog world in Nashville it was very easy to get a representative. However, finding one that really cared about him was not so easy. He says he now has a rep (after 12 years) that is working hard for him and not to be surprized if something good comes out of this.

I'm not sure if there are any producers waiting or not. Never got into that end of it. I will say that he has some great people around him now and I'm just glad to be a part of his team.

The two songs I am working on at the moment are instrumentals. Jim has a great voice, but these songs just don't happen to be vocals.

I'll keep you posted as things develope.........or not!

My shoe size is 12.

No articles that I know of.

My wife just threw you a kiss Steve. Must be a French thing....i dunno.

Tom

My lawyer will be in touch

• 3 months later...

Well, this ol' dog must be doing something right. I was just e-mailed and told the versions with my piano and my mastering work are being used for promotional purposes.

I was not that happy with what I did but the main artist (Jim) was. That's all that counts I guess.

Tom :)

P.S. The best part is he is flying up my way in 2 weeks and he's buying me a few pints.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest voclizr

Dosen't surprise me, Tom. I always knew your stuff was pro caliber! Make sure they give you a good (and fair) contract! Congrat! When you have the #1 hit record in the world, I can say "Hey, I EMAILED with that guy"!!!!

John B.