Your Ad Could Be Here

concert prices

Rudi

4 hours ago, Rudi said:

I only ever saw Floyd once, and it was extensively 'Dark Side of the Moon'. Now the interesting thing is that, DSOTM album wasnt even released then, so it was all new to us audiences. I enjoyed hearing those new songs at the time, but just maybe there were fans present that resented the DSOTM stuff and only wanted to hear 'Set the COntrols For the Heart of the Sun' etc?

On a related theme. My ex got into Genesis during the 80s and said she would like to see them sometime. I replied 'ok, but weve already saw them a couple of years back. This puzzled her mightily. The fact was Genesis were at a Reading festival alongside a bunch of other artists. She took scant notice of them at that time. Weird huh? 

That must have been incredible to hear DSOTM before it's release (he did the entire DSOTM album in the early 2000s). I've been to a few shows where artists played their forthcoming albums and the shows have always been incredible. The most memorable was Cyndi Lauper (when she was big enough to play stadiums) did a single night at Irving Plaza and played the entire "Hatful of Stars" album. It's one of my favorites of her solo material. Blue Angel her first band's album is still in my top 50 albums of all time.

I thought the Charade song was new. It's not. It's PIGS from Animals. That was not my favorite album. I have the Shine On box set, and I only listened to it once, and never owned the vinyl. Which is also why I might not have enjoyed this show.

I've been to so many shows I don't remember half of who I've seen. I've been reminded of artists that completely baffle me. I really saw them? Then it kind of dawns on me.

Politics, no politics, I just can't care. I was the lone person at the Bob Dylan tribute yelling for Sinead O'Connor to sing. I almost got my ass kicked. I love music and everyone is allowed there voice and opinion. If it's good, it's good.

With Outdoor major concerts it's really a matter of the outdoors....

DTE Music Center (I still call it Pine Knob)  Has a nice big wrap around hill that allows everyone a view of the stage.  The sound is better than most outdoor venues

697395a1-a71e-4871-8bca-b7fafc14d3d7-DTE%20Energy%20Music%20Theatre.png

It has a 15,274-seating capacity.  From the mid 70's till the mid 80's I saw countless major acts there and then a few in the 90's

My favorite major outdoor venue is the Red Rocks amphitheater though I've only been there twice

50b893413b3d23b09a3bc915266859a4.jpg

Located just outside of Denver it seats almost 10,000

213_6655.jpg

• Like 2