Your Ad Could Be Here

Izotope Spire Studio

I'm not sure what to make of this ( Spire Studio )  just yet. It looks as if Izotope are getting into the audio interface business. The hardware looks like something IK multimedia would imagine for the portable market.

A cursory look shows something designed with the word "simple" in mind and something that works with smart phones and similar devices.

Grace is well known for it's preamps, so I think they made a step in the right direction in having Grace design the two XLR or combo preamp inputs. I don't know, I know I'm an old curmudgeon, but this all looks too simple to me. I think I would rather opt for something like the Apollo twin. 

Who needs a studio? All you need is a cell phone and this. I don't really believe that, but I think this just might get a person part of the way there with minimal hardware.

Archived