Your Ad Could Be Here

keyboard advice

• Noob

I'm brand new to songwriting, mainly getting into country music,  and I'm looking for a good keyboard that can replicate guitar/drums and other sound as well as record the music that I'm creating. 

I'm also new to playing piano...  is there any recommendations for what type/brand of keyboard/synthesizer I should get? 

On 12/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, jakers007 said:

I'm brand new to songwriting, mainly getting into country music,  and I'm looking for a good keyboard that can replicate guitar/drums and other sound as well as record the music that I'm creating. 

I'm also new to playing piano...  is there any recommendations for what type/brand of keyboard/synthesizer I should get? 

If you're just starting out, you probably want a digital piano with weighted keys. I've had mine for ten years, and mostly just use it as a piano, but I know it's capable of other stuff too. Mine happens to be a Casio Privia, but I'm fairly certain that they pretty much all do the same thing. There may be minor differences between them, but none are really better than another in terms of what you're looking to do with it. It really comes down to price range and what you can afford. 

If you want to record your music, you'll also need a decent computer and DAW software. Also, an audio interface, and a microphone (if you're recording vocals.) All of these things can be gotten for pretty cheap these days. Again, which one is best for you comes down to what you want to do with it, and your budget.

Archived