Your Ad Could Be Here

tools to create music

Hi,

so, I play no instrument (actually, I can make some guitar chords, but I never had music classes, so I know nothing about music theory), but I'm a songwriter and I'm able to compose several songs writing the lyrics and the song melody (vocally).

I'm looking for a tool that can help me create music, not sure if what I'm looking exists, but I have tried already different softwares where you have preset sounds and instruments and then with a keyboard you can play the notes, but I do not want to play notes... what I  would like is to have a preset of riffs that I could then change their pitch, their tempo.. so that I could then make my melodies on top of it... so basically, a tool for someone that has no knowledge of music theory and does not want to spend too much time learning on how to operate the tool.

Note: please do not tell me to find a band... I do have already a band, but I want something for my project solo...

thanks and regards,

Sérgio

• 2 weeks later...

Sérgio,  

There is a software package called "band in a box" that allows you to alter the tempo and pitch of the included riffs and loops. I have not used it but my bandmates brother, who is not a musician, created some great stuff using it and it sounded very good and not like it was pieced together.   Might be something to check out. I know there are some UTube demo videos out there on it.

Take care. 

Dominick

I play no instruments neither but here is the two main things you really need for a quick start to make music with instruments: A computer and a Digital audio Workstation (DAW) [ex. Logic pro, FL studio, etc.]

• 3 months later...

It really depends what kind of music you want to create. I use Band in a Box for a lot of my songs but it does require basic knowledge of music theory to use effectively.

Have you tried using loops to create a song? That sounds a bit more like what you may be looking for. There is a new cloud based loop program I just downloaded called Loop Cloud. You may want to check that out.

Honestly, there is nothing easy about creating and recording music. It takes work but if you are dedicated and willing to learn you can create amazing things.

• 2 months later...

I pretty much do exactly what you are talking about.  Essentially it's very easy to make music through a computer, you would need two things at least.  With me, I use a songwriting software that is capable of turning what I write into Midi files. Then use a software like FL studio to make the midis sound more like realistic instruments of your choosing.

There is writing software like Musescore which is pretty good for those who prefer to play by ear.

Archived